Innovative startups meet at EMERGENCE on April 9th, 2020
CEOs from cutting-edge life science startups share their real-life experience
LEO Science & Tech Hub in Tokyo hosted the second EMERGENCE* event on April 9th as a part of Thursday Gathering of Venture Café Tokyo in which over 300 people joined remotely this time. CEOs from three cutting-edge life science startups were invited to discuss how they paved their way up to the current position and what they learned along the way. Although each CEO runs business in a different field, they had surprisingly similar perspectives and experiences, which told us importance of “sharing”. We hope to enrich the EMERGENCE community by continuing to connect people in the life science ecosystem and share their hands-on experiences.
- Taku Nakahara (Co-founder & CEO, Metagen Therapeutics, Inc.)
- Ryuichi Onose (CEO, Icaria Inc.)
- Yuki Nishigaya (CEO, AgroDesign Studio Inc.)
- Taruho Kuroda (Director, LEO Science & Tech Hub, as a moderator)
The topics mainly discussed were:
- why they chose to launch a startup
- what was their biggest failure
- what a startup means to them
- what kind of person they think it takes to succeed
For more information of what was discussed, please visit the session report. (available only in Japanese)
If you would like to know more about EMERGENCE, please visit EMERGENCE.
*EMERGENCE is the life science cluster of Venture Café Tokyo, forged in collaboration with LEO Science & Tech Hub, aiming to build a community and create a better future for the Japanese life science industry. Key innovators in the field are invited to its regular sessions to discuss various topics driving changes in the ecosystem.